Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Out with the Old, In with the New

So I returned to the shelter last night with my mom and dad. it was my mom's first visit. We took the large print Bible to Eddie. He loved it. There was a mandatory resident meeting where the evacuees were told that they would be moved out of the shelter by Thursday. WHAT? where are they going? well, supposedly they will be moved into apartments by the San Antonio Housing Association and given a year

long bus pass. but WHY? because they are expecting around 200,000 more people to come to san antonio to escape Hurrican Rita and they will shelter some of them at the same place. Crazy huh?

My grandparents live in Corpus Christi so my parents are going to pick them up today. they are both in wheel chairs and my grandma is undergoing cancer treatment. along with that, they have two little runt dogs that scare my little (i mean tough) harley. and my aunt's two cats (which also scare Harley. ok, maybe hes not that tough.) And they will all be staying with us. Talk about an animal house.

This morning was See You at the Pole. I took two of our girls to school this morning at 8 am with three boxes of donuts. I thought I was on top of it. But there were already about 100 kids there, probably 300 Krispy Kreme donuts, and 4 adults leading a talk and praise and worship since 7 am. I didn't even know adults were aloud to do that. I thought it had to be student lead. Either way, it was awesome to see a big group there worshiping and praying, and some adult leaders stepping up to direct the kids. Even though i felt like a big loser showing up an hour late with 3 boxes of HEB donuts.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you got to participate (even if late and with sub-standard donuts...hehehe).

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home