Monday, September 19, 2005

here and there, this and that

We returned to the shelter Friday night for what we thought might become a weekly occurrence, but when we arrived, there was an eerie emptiness. I felt sad that some of our old friends were no longer staying at the shelter, but i knew i should feel happy that they had moved on. But where did they go? unfortunately, i will probably never know. they will only exist in my prayers from now on. Except for Eddie of course. Eddie does not have any family, and probably no friends too. My dad was able to visit him this weekend and take him to Walgreens for his medicine, toenail clippers and a few extra necessaries...like hair dye, a belt, shower shoes, and of course a Texas t-shirt and matching cap. My dad said that he knew scriptures, but quoted most of them out of context, all with a "reasons not to be a Christian" attitude. So Adam and I went today to buy him a LARGE TEXT Biblia with references in the back. Eddie suffered some eye damage during the hurricane, so im hoping the large text will come in handy.

I watched two great movies on Saturday. Ah, saturday. it was the first day in a long time that i really had nothing to do. and i loved every minute of it. First i watched "Beyond the Sea" about Bobby Darin. Great Movie. although kevin spacy was a little old to play the part...he did all of his own singing and sounded just like the original. impressive.
Then I watched "The wedding date." oh wow, an exageration of women's reality that hits the mark for us single gals who wonder "how many weddings must i be in before its my turn?" but then again, that always gives us a funny story to tell, right?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karessa!! Why would you give anyone a TEXAS hat/shirt?!?!?!?! that's just wrong ;) ... I guess i'll just have to send you some OU shirts to pass out.... (just cause the sooners are bad this season, doesn't mean anything, hehehe)

5:52 PM  
Blogger April said...

That's great that your dad went back! What a great man! I'm glad I was able to share Saturday movie time with you. Although, it may have been counterproductive for me to watch "The Wedding Date" HA!

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home