Sunday, August 28, 2005

A Good Weekend

Well, I had a pretty good weekend. A good friend of mine from Houston came in to visit for my birthday, sorta. (And for those who know the question i was asking before this visit, the answer is no. Which is a bitter sweet conclusion.) but still a good weekend.

Got to play Yahtzee with the grandparents. (I won!) And my poor grandpa has short term memory and wanted to eat dinner with us (even though he had already eaten dinner...twice.)
Then I got to go float the Frio River one last time before the summer is over. That is my favorite place in Texas! Man, I love me some Frio River.

Then I got to play a really cool game called "Hear Me Out" with some good friends of mine. (I won that game too) And they gave me a surprise bag from the Dollar Tree that had really cool hair clips and a hot green scrunchie in it. I must say, they looked beautiful in my hair. Oh, and a cake with dinosaurs that really roared, and roared, and roared!

Church was awesome. I love seeing all those kiddos. We went to go eat at Alamo Cafe and had 10 kids come. Originally there was only supposed to be 5, but then some of those who promised they were coming hadn't even asked their parents if they could Sunday morning. So to have 10 was a pleasant surprise.

Now the craziness is over and counting the hours before I can go to sleep and not wake up until the morning.

Oh, has anyone heard of Paul Wright? I had never heard of him, but I got that CD for the b-day. Its pretty good, you should check it out.

We are going to eat lunch at the HS tomorrow...I can't wait to see what thats like! I hope our kids arent ashamed to sit with two nerds like Adam and I . But it might be fun to try anyway!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday... sorry i missed it :(

9:42 PM  
Blogger April said...

I'm very sad to hear the answer is no but if it's not a yes it's just not a yes. Understandable. But I am glad you had a good weekend nonetheless. Whoever gave you that awesome dinosaur cake must be some good friends!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dino cake AND a grab bag for a girl...good friends in deed!

i'm also somewhat bummed to hear it's a "no" but...well...it happens to the best of us.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I resemble that nerd comment.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

Roses are red,
violets are blue...
and so am I because I didn't know it was your birthday!

Glad it was a good one! :)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Natalie Brooke said...

happy birthday...wish i'd have known...love you girl!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home