Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Vacation Vacate

It does seem like I have been out of the loop for the past week. I'm not really sure where I have been either. But I do know where I will be this weekend. VACATION VACATE-- well, sorta. Since Adam's trip to Boston, April and I were inspired to take a trip of our own. Would it be New York? Chicago? Seattle? well, we soon realized that neither one of us made enough money to take that vacation. sigh.

Luckily...Since April is a music teacher, and I work here at the church...we jumped on the ZOE Conference Bandwagon and pulled our friend Adam along with us. So now we will be exploring the beautiful, but not as historical as Boston, city of Nashville.

Our first stop is the CMT top 20 countdown at some Bluegrass Hall on Thursday night. If we get there early enough, we might even get to be on TV. Then there is a Live Bluegrass Jam afterwards to get us in the true Nashville spirit.
We also plan to shop the Vanderbilt District and eat breakfast at the famous Pancake Pantry. A lot of kids from the church in Atlanta attend Lipscomb this year so I am extremely excited to get to spend a little bit of time with them. Oh, and did I mention the cool weather? ahhh, relief! My dream is to be able to wear a scarf.

The Conference should serve as a perfect refresher as we prepare for the upcoming weekends: family retreat and middle school retreat. So we have to missions for this weekend: explore and renew.

Stay tuned for 34,198,741 jump pictures. ;)

P.S. I found my secret admirer and was pleasantly surprised. The End.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all... you can not just give us "I am pleasantly surprised" nope.. that just won't do... i want an email (wink)...

Second... TAKE ME WITH YOU!! My campus minister, Tim, and I were discussing the Zoe Confrence all this morning at the Outreach center. It sounds like so much fun. Sometimes, this whole class thing really interferes with my college experience. But, if i can't go, I'm glad you are, cause hopefully I'll still get to hear about it (Tim isn't too informative about his trips).

Hope you have a great time this weekend, and stay safe!!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am starting to slip into depression that y'all will be gone without me. Booooooo! I am sure you'll have a blast and I can't wait to see the pics and hear the tales!

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tamra... we should just take our own vacation...

and karessa, as soon as i find a free weekend, count me in for a trip down to SA.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home