Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Retreat to Retreat

Welp, the Family Retreat was good. I officially stink at frisbee golf, but im great at hitting trees with the frisbee. I am great at making pancakes, but even better at making a mess. I am great at making friends that are between the ages of 6-8:

So I'm taking a nap and I open my eyes and there is a young girl standing by my bed. I have no clue who this girl is, but she immediately says, "what are you going to do?"
"Welp, I'm gonna go practice my talent." (or lack there of)
"Oh, I'm coming with you!"
ok little girl...but who are you???

So she followed me for the rest of the day and insisted that i play outside with her, eat with her, sit by her...she even followed me to the bathroom. We were heading to the pavilion and Adam was behind us and she asked him..."Are you following me?"

Then that night, I think she was smoking crack because she started speaking "Zivva Zivva" to me...whatever that is. But I must have been smoking crack too because we continued to have a 30 minute conversation in Zivva Zivva talk.

The next morning, walking into breakfast....I didnt even get a glance of who was in there, but BAM! there she was..."SIT WITH ME!!!"

Good thing she was cute! ;) just kidding.

Next weekend we have a retreat with the middle school. i will not be playing frisbee golf. good times.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just warn monte next weekend that he is NOT allowed to do a lesson involving thumbtacks! Oh, that poor little girl! But we did get a good laugh out of it i guess....

thanks for the kind words to richard. I'm getting really excited about the prospect of spending the summer in San Antonio (and it's only October!!) ...

glad to hear the family retreat went well.. hopefully, I'll get an email to you soon, and we can chat some more...

oh, and i still have those jonah topics if you are interested....

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just read adam's post... glad the middle school retreat went well for you guys... so what is next on your list of adventures, miss karessa?

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home