a funny thing happened on the way home from camp...
Here is a just a brief entry before I hit the sack for a good night's rest...finally. I will attempt to write a longer and more thoughtful entry tomorrow about what I have been doing for the last month of my life. But in the meantime, I leave you with this:
A funny thing happened on the way home from camp.
The eight hour tour quickly (or slowly) turned into the 12 plus hour trip.
Cramped on a bus with 50 middle school kids; air, speakers, and a tv that didn't work right; and a busted mirror.
It seemed to only make sense (or not) that we should stop on Arlington in the 100+ heat to wait at Sonic while the bus recieved an extreme makeover (sorta).
So an hour and fifteen minutes later we were picked up in our supreme limo with a brand new mirror, a tv that worked, air that was cool and sound that...well...was still ghetto.
But whew, we were finally on our way home...until Austin hit...or we hit Austin.
Yup...thats right...we gently collided into the back side of a rodeo and sent it gliding a few feet forward.
Luckily everything and everyone was ok.
We stopped for atleast 30 more minutes for the drivers to exchange info and our group began to sing inside the bus.
When the officer stepped on the bus to ask if anyone was hurt (just to follow procedure) we busted out into a melody of "I feel good good good!"
I think the only thing that could have made our journey any more interesting is if someone could have been in the bathroom at the time of the collision.
But even better than that is thinking about who the best candidate for that seat would have been (perhaps one of our favorite little camp friends) and oh, the stories we could have heard!!!
Just ponder that for a while.
Peace in the middle east and I'm out.

2 Comments:
i was so worried about you guys last night. i'm glad to hear you made it home safely! we had a few interesting bus stories as well, but nothing nearly as exciting as yours... i would have loved to have been the police officer to step on that bus last night!.... i had a fun week hanging out with you. hopefully I'll see you soon...
welcome back! i heard about your trip today. poor things! i have a crazy paranoia about the bus breaking down and also about getting into a wreck whilst in the bus. thanks to your little "adventure," i now know that both can happen in the same trip. great....
glad you arrived safely. see you soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home