home sweet home
Last week I heard the funniest thing. This little boy in the first grade said to me, "You look like you're 43. Or 20 something." uh...yea...maybe somewhere in between? hahaha. kids!
Thanksgiving break was good. We went to visit my grandparents. My grandma is very sick and speaks only nonsense most of the time. While it is really sad, you just cant help but to laugh when he calls my aunt "Colin", our 15 year old cousin, and when she refers to my mom as an eligible bachelor. She was making sense one night though. You see, we always do Christmas BIG!!! so we set up her tree, wheeled her into the living room and two elves (me and my sister) greeted her. and then Santa (my dad) came out asking for Christmas wishes. She said she wanted a 2 or 3 karat diamond ring. He proceeded to hand her a catalogue (a Jason's Deli menu, but shes blind so she didnt know.) he said, "how bout this one? its only $5.50"
she said..."oh no, i dont want that one."
he said, "how bout $550?"
"no, i dont want that one either."
"5,550???"
"oh yea, now you're talking in my ball park!!!"
Yea, thats my grandma. Im gonna miss that woman!!!
Yesterday I returned home from work and my dog greeted me at the door like usual. We have been allowing him to roam the house during the days because he has outgrowned his cage. Well, as I passed by my parent's bedroom on my way upstairs...I noticed something unusual. My dog had apparently got a hold of a duck and killed it. He hid the carcas, but not the evidence. He had torn a hole in the feather comforter and the floor was just covered in little white pieces of down. So I guess I know what Im getting my parents for Christmas now.
On a lighter note: We close on the new house today. That's right. April and I move in today and our furniture comes tomorrow. Home sweet home.




2 Comments:
43 or 20-something? At least he's got you out of the teens...
hooray for a new house!
Post a Comment
<< Home