To Georgia and Back... and a picture with Chris Thile
So over Spring Break I took a road trip to the huge metropolis known as Valdosta, Georgia. Now, I already knew that I loved Georgia, but really my only experience was Atlanta. Valdosta is located about an hour north of Tallahassee and since it is a small town in south Georgia...I was expecting Bubbas to be all over the place. On the contrary! Valdosta is gorgeous and I would like to share with you guys a few pictures from my fabulous trip.

So the first thing I noticed was that I was surrounded by these beautiful, tall trees!!! Something that you do not see in Texas. As you will see in the remainder of these pictures...I was really fascinated by all of the trees! (as well as the awesome sweet tea that was served at EVERY restaurant in town, but I could not capture that flavor in a picture.)
There were beautiful dogwood trees...


And cool weeping willow trees accompanied by fine landscaping surrounding every charming home.


As well as along the Withlacoochee River and many Valdosta creek beds.

Valdosta is called "The Azalia City" because of its outrageous number of Azalia bushes that flood the scenery.
My favorite site was "The Garden Chapel" at The Crescent House, an old colonial home that still stands with the dated furnishings inside, mostly used for wedding ceremonies now.

We took a day trip to Savannah that is about a three hour trip away to do some site seeing on St. Patrick's Day. We got to dine at Paula Deen's famous restaurant "Lady & Sons" and MAN OH MAN WAS IT GOOD!!! It just so happens that Savannah has the second largest St Patty's Day celebration in the country...WHO KNEW! Well, when you get THAT lucky to run into a coincidence like that...you just might see some things that you were not expecting.
Like this guy!

My awesome week came to an end and I had to leave Georgia. I hope to return soon. Luckily, my Spring Break was not over there though! No No...I had a ticket to go see one of my favorite bands play at Gruene Hall: NICKEL CREEK. So Nickel Creek Fans...I would like to leave you with this picture and a short note:
Nickel Creek Rocks My Face Off...and yes...Tamra is grabbing Chris Thile's heiny!

6 Comments:
Those are some great pictures!! Well done photographer Karessa...well done!
Wow....I wish I didn't look so freakish in this picture. How about you crop me on out of it and repost?
who knew georgia was so pretty?! nice pics.
awesome pics, karessa! when i look at pictures like that, I just can't help but think, "what am i doing in OKLAHOMA????"
Alright, I think it's time for an update Karessa!!
yeah... i know. it seems like i'm just too busy to blog lately. and when i sit down to do it, i can't seem to remember what i've done in the past two weeks/month.... but i'll be down in SA on the 15th (about a week!!). we'll have to plan a night to do dinner before our lives are completely consumed by summer activities...
Post a Comment
<< Home