A Single Occasion
Well, last night I got to hang out with a few other girls to celebrate the upcoming marriage of a good friend of mine. The good friend of mine being a girl who was in my youth group the first summer that I interned four years ago. One of the other bride's maids was another girl in that youth group. She got married last weekend. Yet, another bride's maid got married two years ago. Her husband was my very first boyfriend- (if you want to call it that...I had to break it off with him because he was telling me how to invest my money as a freshman in HS. Things were getting way to serious in our 5 day relationship!) Well, luckily I am not the only single bride's maid in this wedding. no, no...the 16 year old sister is not married yet. Wow, let the good times roll!
On another note, the youth room is coming together quite nicely if you ask me. I is my duty to redesign the upstairs after someone else took it upon themselves to paint each wall a different primary color. haha. Just a few more walls to spackle, paint, buy some corgated tin and find a man to use a power saw and a nail gun, build a stage, fix 4 broken futons, decoupage, and bring in new carpet!!! ...I think we should be able to let the youth back in maybe sometime next year!

4 Comments:
You're bridesmaid experience sounds a little bit too familiar to mine last weekend. Of 6 bridesmaids I was the only single one! HA! At least we can laugh about it right? Keep this entry, it's a good one!
a single bridesmaid is the best bridesmaid... more groomsmen all to yourself! I feel honored to be linked on your site... if only I could figure out how to do it on mine... i think i just need to switch templates....
hi karessa, i'm natalie. i was at zenith and cornerstone. were you there? i will feel really bad if we've met and i don't recognize your name.
anyways...i feel ya on the single bridesmaid thing. seems to be the trend with myself in the weddings i'm in.
i just hope they make dresses that won't be too long so my CANE won't get in the way when i finally walk down the aisle! :)
have a blessed day...natalie
wait...is this karessa, bob's daughter? i'm feeling really stupid, now if it is...sorry!
Post a Comment
<< Home